To supplement aesthetic enhancement procedures such as face lifts or dermal fillers, many men and women look to skin care to further improve skin tone and texture. As part of the customized aesthetic skin treatment program provided by Dr. Daniel C. Mills at his Orange County Aesthetic Plastic Surgery practice, he and his experienced staff offer a wide variety of treatment options, including chemical peels of varying strengths.
Dr. Mills and his aestheticians offer anything from a light, or refresher chemical appeal, to more aggressive chemical peels used to treat sun damage and acne scars. Regardless of each patient’s expectations for skin care at the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery practice, Dr. Mills has something for everyone.
To begin the skin care process, Dr. Mills provides a complimentary, comprehensive assessment of each patient’s skin to determine the best possible treatment and most effective products available for their skin. Once a treatment plan is created, Dr. Mills uses one of the following options to achieve his patient’s non-invasive aesthetic enhancement goals:
- Micropeel: By freeing impacted debris from the pores with the enzyme or dermaplaning method, the micropeel removes a thin layer of skin. Once exposed, the skin is treated with a range of lactic to AHA or Glycolic acid solutions, which help lessen the appearance of fine lines, brown spots, and acne scars.
- Micropeel Plus: A light chemical exfoliation of Salicylic acid is applied to the skin, which is ideal for acne skin types and helps even out discoloration with limited down time.
- Glycolic Hand Treatment: a glycolic peel is applied to the hands and exfoliated with an Epicuren Microdermabrasion cream scrub, which rapidly sloughs away dead skin to rejuvenate and soften the hands. Excellent treatment for brown age spots, if the recommended series of treatments is followed.
- Rescorsinol Peel: A classic skin refreshing peel with limited downtime, which is great for refining pores, reducing pigmentation, or lightening age spots on hands.
- Obagi Blue or TCA Peel: the more aggressive treatment improves the appearance of early aging signs and sun damage. Excellent for smoothing rough skin texture resulting from acne scars and balancing pigmentation concerns. Commonly performed on the head, neck, arms and chest, with a downtime of roughly one week.
- Levulan Photodynamic Therapy (PDT): photodynamic treatments are performed with a topical agent that is activated by a specific wavelength of light, which then removes sun-damaged or pre-cancerous spots. PDT also reduces oil producing sebaceous cells, resulting in an effective treatment for acne.